Build your running body : a total-body fitness plan for all distance runners, from milers to ultramarathoners : run farther, faster, and injury-free
|Format:||Print Book 2014|
|Availability:||Unavailable 0 of 5 copies|
"The best running book ever." --Bob Anderson, founder of Runner's World
Whether you're a miler or an ultramarathoner, if you want a fit, fast, and injury-resistant running body, there's a better way to train than relentlessly pursuing mileage. This easy-to-use workout manual draws on the latest research in running physiology to target all the components that go into every stride--including muscles, connective tissue, cardiovascular fitness, energy production, the nervous system, hormones, and the brain. With the breakthrough whole-body training program in Build Your Running Body , runners will improve their times, run longer and more comfortably, and reduce injury.
With more than 150 workouts-- from weightlifting and cross-training to resistance exercises and plyometrics--fine-tuned to individual skill levels and performance goals, PLUS:
* 393 photos that make it easy to follow every step of every workout
* 10 training programs to help runners of all levels integrate the total-body plan into their daily routines
* Interviews with leading runners, exercise scientists, and coaches-- learn how elite runners train today
* Race strategy for the crucial weeks leading up to the competition and through to the finish line
* Exercises to prevent injury and rehabilitate common running ailments
* Seasoned insight on barefoot running, the pros and cons of stretching, and other hot-button topics
* Nutrition guidance on carbs, proteins, fats, and weight loss
* More than 30 recipes to speed recovery and cement fitness gains
* Beginners' guidelines every step of the way
* Valuable tips on proper apparel, tracking your progress, and more!
Published ReviewsPublisher's Weekly Review: "
-- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Running -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Running -- Training -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Running -- Physiological aspects -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Runners (Sports) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
|Publisher|| New York, NY :2014
xi, 434 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Includes bibliographical references (pages 409-414) and index.